It’s our commitment to protect the health of our members.
Your World is Different
And while you should be thinking about your health, the last thing you need to be worrying about should be your healthcare. If you’re a Wellcare member, you can get COVID-19 testing and treatment without having to worry about pre-authorizations, co-pays, or other costs. We invite you to keep scrolling to learn more.
Frequently Asked Questions by Our Members
Yes. When medically necessary diagnostic testing or medical screening services are ordered and/or referred by a licensed health care provider, we will cover the cost of medically necessary COVID-19 tests and the associated physician’s visit. If applicable, your plan’s copayment, coinsurance and/or deductible cost-sharing will be waived for medically necessary COVID-19 diagnostic testing and/or medical screening services.
Yes, beyond COVID-19-related testing and treatment, Wellcare is waiving all cost sharing for in-network primary care, behavioral health, and telehealth visits for the remainder of the calendar year. This means:
- in-network primary care costs for all primary care visits are waived through 2020.
- costs for outpatient, non-facility-based behavioral health visits are waived through 2020.
- telehealth cost share waivers for all telehealth visits—PCP and specialty—including behavioral health, for in-network providers are covered through 2020.
No. We will not require prior authorization, prior certification, prior notification and/or step therapy protocols for medically necessary COVID-19 diagnostic testing and medical screening services, when medically necessary services are ordered and/or referred by a licensed health care provider.
Medically necessary COVID-19 diagnostic testing and/or medical screening services and the associated physician’s visit will be covered when ordered, referred and/or performed in the following In-Network locations:
- Physician’s/Practitioner’s Office
- Independent Laboratory/Diagnostic Facility
- Urgent Care Facility
- Emergency Department Facility
Are you unsure if you have been exposed to or at-risk of being infected with COVID-19? Schedule a virtual care visit with a provider. It is a good option for non-urgent care to limit potential exposure in a physician’s office or other healthcare facility.
No. We will cover medically necessary COVID-19 diagnostic testing and/or medical screening services at no charge to you, when such services are ordered and/or referred by a licensed health care provider. If applicable, your plan’s copayment, coinsurance and/or deductible cost-sharing will be waived for medically necessary COVID-19 diagnostic testing and/or medical screening services along with the associated physician’s visit.
Any medically necessary treatment related to COVID-19 would be considered a covered benefit. We are committed to ensuring access to COVID-19 treatment services in accordance with federal and state law.
Yes, members will be able to refill prescriptions prior to the refill date.
Worry and anxiety can rise about the spread of COVID-19. Concern for friends and family who live in places where COVID-19 is spreading or the progression of the disease is natural.
- Take care of your body. Take deep breaths, stretch or meditate.
- Connect with others. Share your concerns and how you are feeling with a friend or family member. Maintain healthy relationships and a sense of hope and positive thinking.
- Share the facts about COVID-19 and the actual risk to others. People who have returned from areas of ongoing spread more than 14 days ago and do not have symptoms of COVID-19 do not put others at risk.
- For more information, see the CDC’s suggestions for mental health and coping during COVID-19.
Wellcare is also offering its Community Connections Help Line (telephone number below), available to anyone in need of help beyond medical care. We are expanding our supplemental benefits including extended meal program benefits, over-the-counter (OTC) allowances, and annual wellness visit incentives to help members in need of extra support through the end of 2020.
We are here for you. Here are some additional resources to help you during this time. Check back frequently as we update this page with more information:
- Nurse Advice Line: Speak with a licensed nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Nurse Advice Line can help when you can’t go to your provider’s office. Call 1-800-581-9952, TTY 711 to reach the Nurse Advice line.